MONSOON FORESTIt’s an intimate camp of only 2 Luxury Safari tents and 10 Nests (Cottages)
- Great wilderness experience with magical outdoor dining venues
- Yoga & Meditation – A Wellness Retreat
- Highly experienced spiritual Yoga teachers
- Traditional Ayurvedic massages and wellness programmes
- 10-Acre reforestation project
- Interpretation of forest trees and plants
Nature walks and birding at camp Jeep Safaris with experienced Naturalists
- Elephant Safaris for Tiger viewing
- Excursion to Bandhavgarh Fort in the Tiger reserve
- Local village visit and cultural experiences
- A Swimming Pool
- LODGE Number of En-suite Tents: 2
- Number of Nests (cottages): 8
- Number of Log Cottages: 2
- Maximum Guests: 36
- Dining Areas: 2
- Air conditioned Tents and Nests
- Personal Bars On request
- Laundry Services: Available
- Selection of Wildlife films
- Power 220 AC / DG backup
- Suitable for Disabled Guests with assistance
- Credit Cards: In process
- Check in and Check out Time: 12 noon and 1 pm respectively
- Yoga, Meditation & Massages
- Cooking demonstrations: On request
- Organic Vegetable Garden 1/2-acre vegetable garden and orchard
- Conservation Effort Reforestation
- Participatory conservation ‘Plant a Plant” program
- Guest Areas Library / Wildlife Art Gallery
Two safari tents, two log cottages and eight nests (cottages), each set under the shade of Mahua trees gives you the privacy and space to enjoy the wilderness and experience the warmth of Indian hospitality.
Each unit boasts its own private wrap around verandahs with views of mature grasslands surrounded by our upcoming forest. Made to order safari furniture, wooden floors, twin beds with great attention to comfort blended with discrete lighting. En suite bathrooms with modern amenities, wash basins, indoor showers and western style toilets. The verandahs offer panoramic views of the grassland and are ideal for birdwatchers.
Made of the soil, every detail considers the use of local materials and energy efficiency, the camp is closely woven around our reforestation project, the heart of Monsoon Forest.
BAITHAK - MAIN LODGE
The Baithak or Main Lodge looks on to the stunning views of the Bandhavgarh fort and forests of the Tiger Reserve. A refreshment bar with a large selection of coffee and teas, it is the centre of our guest activities. Earth walls, roofs supported by mature Sal wood rafters and tiles from the 1930’s, this is an intimate lodge with open spaces, details of local architecture blending beautifully with nature.
LIBRARY AND ART GALLERY
Situated in the Baithak, our art gallery and library has a collection of books, wildlife, and tribal photographs, also a collection of wildlife art recording the lives of individual Tigers of Bandhavgarh over the past 15 years. The photographic record provides an astonishingly lucid insight into the recent history of the Tiger Reserve.
ADIYOGI HALL & PANCHTATVA COTTAGES
These structures facilitate the yoga, meditation & wellness programmes that are conducted at the lodge by Yogic Teachers & expert masseurs. Do write to us for detailed programmes and courses that we offer.
The lodge also offers weekend programmes for detox & stress management.
The in-house safari shop has a selection of craft from across India, wildlife art and photographs are also on sale, for those with a deep interest in art we can organize a private sitting with artists & artisans from the area.
KITCHEN & DINING
Our Kitchen offers home-cooked Indian food, fresh spice and vegetables from our organic gardens and local villages add that extra zest in our traditional flavors. We also offer a small selection of pasta and sandwiches for guests who may want a break from the ‘constant curry’. Meals are served inside the Baithak (Main Lodge) and also in Robin’s Nest under the Mahua tree. Meals may also be served in the Nursery or alternatively, guests may dine in the privacy of their tent verandahs. A favorite dinner spot is our candle lit terrace - a special place for a tranquil dinner and stargazing.